BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Coming Far: Looking Back and Forward

Sometime in the middle of March, I was approached by indie game developer Dave Gilbert of Wadjet Eye Games (the same people who brought you Gemini Rue) to do fill a little role in his newest game - Resonance.


A paying little role.

 

... Geeeeeeeehhh...!
It's been almost two months since it happened and I STILL can't get over it. My first PAID role. And it's in a GAME. I couldn't be more happy with the way this year started for me. Resonance is a beautifully crafted point-and-click adventure featuring a fully voiced cast of four playable characters and and a story that looks juicier than prime rib fresh off the bone. And achievements!

I play the mother of one of the four playable characters, Anna. There isn't much dialogue, so watch out for me and don't blink your ears. There are many more details to give beyond that. From what I've been able to see of the development it should be great fun.

I'm super grateful to Dave Gilbert, Devon Mack, and Kimlinh Tran for opening this door for me. And of course the same gratitude goes to all of you who support me, aid me, wish me well, and enjoy the work I do. A year ago this was a distant dream. I never believed it could be here at my feet in so short a time. Most especially my thanks goes to:
ChemicalAlia (Shaylyn Hamm)
MaxofS2D
Minifett
Raikujo
IanSuffix
MrDude20652
SourceMachinimaMaker(Dr.Hooves)
The fellows at Kritzkast (Agro, Tempest, Ruskeydoo, & Chronos)
and the love of my life, my fiance Shane (psychoshinobi17) for being relentless in their support. These special people chose to give me that little extra kick here or there that made pushed all my work into the next level. You're all phenomenal and no amount of blogging can attest to this.

In other news, promo icons! Neat, huh?


So what else... shoot. What else, what else...

There's a tumblr now. Which basically means no one will ever read this thing anymore. Aaand...

Oh! Mother's day is coming. I'd look out for something if I was you guys. I swear, I'm gonna be the next Kath Soucie if this keeps up: playing everyone's mom. ... and I'm GREAT with that! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment